Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Glance Back of The Honors Mentorship Process

My perception of this internship has drastically changed over the course of this semester so far. At the beginning, I thought that I would hardly be lucky enough to write even one article for Cumming Local, and now I'm writing for the site biweekly. It's an amazing experience that I didn't expect, and has helped me grow tremendously. Along with this opportunity, though, has come a lot of unforeseen obstacles. I never expected to have so much work in front of me, and so I was caught off balance. Time management, therefore, was a skill in which I found myself needing to improve.

Because I love the extent of my involvement in the company, I have been working very diligently to make sure that every article I submit is of the best quality. I have, however, fallen between the cracks in regards to time management. While I still have managed to complete the assignment each week, I find that I put an unnecessary amount of stress on myself on a couple occasions, when such situations could have otherwise been avoided. Through these experiences, I have learned how to better space out any work that I have in front of me, and will continue to give my all for this program!

No comments:

Post a Comment