Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Plan for The Program

Throughout my time in the Honors Mentorship Program, I've not only deepened my understanding of the ever-evolving world of entrepreneurial journalism through my internship with Cumming Local, but I've also broadened the depth of my entire perception regarding the very essence of the career. While I've always considered journalism to be the perfect combination of writing and employment, through some of my research, I found that some people involved in this career don't always feel the same way; sometimes, journalism is depicted as an occupation filled with loose ends rather than one of fulfillment. In my effort to truly understand this profession, and the roll I may have in its societal standard, I've come to the conclusion that I need to not only research the applicability of entrepreneurial journalism for college students through basic research (highlighting both sides of the equation), but I also need to create visuals that emphasize the information and summaries I have found. In doing this, I will create both a Prezi presentation, to summarize my findings, as well as a survey, in which I can evaluate the point of view of my fellow peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment