Sunday, March 26, 2017

Confidence in my Presentation

Because the end of the year is rapidly approaching, I've begun to understand exactly what I need to do to end my time with the Honors Mentorship Program with as much success as possible. One task, for example, is the relevant presentation that I must complete so as to include it in my Capstone project. And, quite honestly, I thought that I had this part of the project in the bag; all that I really had to do was speak... right? Well, after finding the video "Be a More Confident Public Speaker" (link found below), I began to realize the extent to which I was under-preparing myself; I had much more to do than I had originally anticipated! In the video, it speaks about being able to know the content of your speech or presentation backwards and forwards, making sure that you've not only integrated the best content possible, but that you can also adapt to each audience and know exactly how to get your point across. For my relevant presentation, I now know that I must, at the very least, write out a specific way in which I can truly and accurately reach my audience, and I must practice as much as I am able. Because of this video's method, I am now not only able to aptly present the information I wish to convey within my project, but I am also able to expand upon my accumulated set of skills, allowing my to become more successful in my future regarding public speaking and all that it entails.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tShavGuo0_E

No comments:

Post a Comment