Sunday, September 4, 2016

August 29


When JD Russo spoke about our generation's "numbness" to information that could potentially shape the lives of the world around us, I found that statement to likewise be valid within my school as well. So many kids take the information that's taught to aid us in furthering our future as respectable citizens in this country, and simply throw it to the wayside. It doesn't benefit them, at least, not at that moment. In watching this clip, Russo reminded me that I need to not simply learn facts and tips from my mentor, but to be actively searching for ways in which I can improve my skills, my craft, and myself.

Just as Russo is a leader and an agent for change is regards to the realm of activism, I have been involved with Simple Charity: a club who's main goal is to raise money to serve those across the world who can't provide for themselves. This club started at one high school; the idea came from one boy. It has now been spread to several high schools and a few universities. Because of unadulterated involvement from just a few students, a part of the world was changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment