Sunday, September 25, 2016

Communication

Whether communicating with friends, family, or a future employer, a person's poise (determined by the specific context) serves to be a useful tool whenever utilized correctly. Knowing when to speak, listen, or act in certain ways can help differentiate the completion of particular tasks associated with the conversation, or result in utter chaos.

When speaking with friends, I, for instance, find myself to be obnoxiously loud, carefree and wild; my friends and I freely speak as though nothing could cause us to back down, confidently confiding everything in each other. Similarly, I find myself comfortable with my family, but on a less casual level. While I tend not to act crazy around them, I do voice my opinions (even if they are in direct oppositions to theirs). I do, though, find myself to be more reserved and respectful with my family members than my friends. With my employer, however, the story differs greatly. I find myself dutifully tending to the every need of the company, and never find time to talk back or reprimand any of their decisions. I do whatever is asked of me, whether or not I even agree with the tasks.Whenever I communicate with my employer, whether it be verbal or written, I always reserve a tone of complete and utter respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment