Sunday, September 25, 2016

Work Ethics Assignment

This week, I was able to take a special exam, allowing me to discover more about my work ethic, which, in turn, helped me to uncover more about myself. This particular instrumental exam is called the Occupational Work Ethic Inventory, and I participated through the electronic version. Through this test, I answered questions regarding my perspective on my ability to cope in the work place, as well as the effectiveness of my endeavors. By answering these questions, I received an interpersonal score of 6.75 out of 7 (to be compared with 6.00 for women in an acute survey), an initiative score of 6.31 out of 7 (to be compared with 5.67 for women), and a dependability score of 6.57 out of 7 (to be compared with 6.34).

Through the utilization of this tool, I have found that, while I may not be the perfect employee at my meager age of sixteen, I have potential to be outstanding in any realm I choose. This does, however, place an extreme importance upon this particular experience I am embarking upon with the Honors Mentorship Program. Through this opportunity, I am able to work in a real, tried and true working environment, and am given many opportunities through which I can succeed. I must be able to live up to the high expectations placed upon my peers and myself, part of which can be done by taking the skills highlighted in this exercise (dependability, taking initiative, and working well with others), and using them for the benefit of not only myself, but also of the company and my mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment